Hello there friends!
You all know I love smoothies, but sometimes, especially lately, I haven’t found them to be satisfying enough for breakfast. And since typically during the week, I eat my breakfast at work, I wanted a smoothie replacement that was just as quick, easy and healthy to grab-and-go on my way out the door in the morning. So over the weekend, with the help of this recipe that I had come across when I was planning on doing the Whole 30, I did some experimenting in the kitchen, made some modifications to my liking, which resulted in a delicious breakfast quiche.
This quiche turned out so tasty! I made it on the weekend and took it to work with me for breakfast. I’ve been enjoying mine with half an avocado (eggs + avocado = best combo ever!) and a side of fruit (pineapple or half a grapefruit) to make my breakfast more satisfying and well-balanced. It was a perfect breakfast that easily help me over until lunchtime.
The preparation is a cinch – brown some sausage, defrost some frozen chopped broccoli, dice up a shallot and throw it all into a bowl, mix it together and pour it into a pie plate. Simple as that – no muss, no fuss!
I look forward to experimenting with different veggies a meat options. Next time I think I may try some diced up ham, spinach and red bell peppers. Yum! And since there is no crust, it’s gluten free and also dairy free because I didn’t add any cheese and used coconut milk. If dairy isn’t a concern, you could easily toss in some cheese to your liking. All in all, it’s a very customizable and forgiving recipe!
Adapted from Nom Nom Paleo
- 4 large eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup browned crumbled sausage
- 1 cup frozen chopped broccoli (defrosted)
- 1 medium-sized shallot (diced)
- 2 tbsp full fat coconut milk
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp parsley flakes
- Sea salt/black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Grease a 9 inch pie plate with cooking spray and set aside.
- Beat eggs and egg whites in a large bowl.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix until fully combined.
- Pour ingredients into prepared pie plate, place in oven for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes before serving.
Favorite grab-and-go breakfast option?
Favorite quiche add-ins?
Do you eat breakfast before you go to work or do you bring it with you?