Happy Monday and Happy Columbus Day to my U.S. friends! I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend! No work today…woohoo! So, Justin and I have plans to relax and do something fun, so I’m taking the day off from blogging. I’ll be back tomorrow, but for now I wanted to leave you with some amazing reads and recipes from this past week. Enjoy!
- Life Lessons: On Beer & Kale via Alexis @ Hummusapien – It’s okay to indulge every once in a while.
- Best Mental Trick for a Long Run via Cori @ Olive to Run – A great distraction to get you through that dreaded long run.
- Monday Moments via Lindsay @ Cotter Crunch – Take time to remember the little moments in life because sometimes they’re what matters most.
- Skewed Perceptions via Sam @ Better with Sprinkles — An absolute must read about the negative influence society can have on our self-esteem.
- The Importance of Self Care via Danica @ It’s Progression – We’re always busy taking care of others, but don’t forget to take care of yourself too.
- Every Moment is a Fresh Start via Amanda @ Running with Spoons — Don’t waste your time procrastinating in making a change, do it now.
- The Numbers Game via Amy @ The Little Honey Bee — A great reminder that putting too much emphasis on the numbers (calories, weight, etc.) can be a dangerous game.
- What Do You Know About Over-Exercising via Heather @ Fit ‘n’ Cookies — I’ve definitely done this before, so this is a important reminder to listen to your body.
- Double Chocolate Pumpkin M&M Cookies via Becky @ Olives ‘n’ Wine – Pumpkin and chocolate…such a perfect combo!
- Peanut Butter Chickpea Bites via Kelly @ Femme Fitale — Perfect little bite sized treats made with chickpeas…amazing!
- Easy Gluten-Free Apple Crisp via Tina @ Carrots ‘n’ Cake — Oh how I love apple desserts!
- Pistachio Chicken Salad via Alysia @ Slim Sanity — An inexpensive way to make a healthy and delicious meal.
- Roasted Buttercup Squash and Pumpkin Soup via Sam @ Better with Sprinkles — A perfect thick and creamy soup for a chilly fall evening.
- Sculpted Shoulders and Biceps via Alysia @ Slim Sanity - I already tried this workout and I love it. My arms felt like jelly after I was done!
- Yoga Fit Workout via Kim @ My Healthy Nest - I’m super excited to give this one a try!
- The Uprising 10 Minute Workout Challenge via Taylor Ryan @ Lifting Revolution – An intense 10-minute workout not for the faint of heart.