Time for some Thinking out Loud a.k.a. Totally Random Bits of Info. Thanks to Amanda for creating this awesome link-up!
1. On New Year’s Day, I received an email that my application had been accepted to be a Girls Gone Sporty Ambassador! It was such an awesome surprise and a perfect way to start off 2014! I’m definitely psyched to be part of the GGS community and I’ve already connected with some great people!
2. Is it summer yet!?! I’m totally over the snow and freezing cold weather! We’ve had single digit days/nights with windchill values in the negative. Brrrr!!!
3. In a continuing effort to clean up my diet, I recently purchased coconut aminos. I really like soy sauce (especially in marinades), so I was happy to see that this was a healthier alternative. I haven’t received it yet, but when I do, I’ll definitely let you know how I like it.
4. I’ve come to the conclusion that adding dry red wine is definitely key to a delicious and tasty red sauce. Whether I’m using crushed tomatoes (and add my own seasonings) or a pre-jarred sauce, I always add about a 1/4 cup of it to the sauce and let it simmer for a good half-hour. The red wine gives the sauce such a nice flavor!
5. Over the holiday break, I found out that I won the Fiber Love Bar giveaway from Jessie Loves To Run! I was SO excited to try out these bars, as I’ve never had them before. I got to try out all 8 flavors and I was really happy with them. My favorite flavor was Chocolate Brownie. So yummy!
6. Since I had such great feedback from all of you on yesterday’s post, I’m most definitely going to make recipe reviews more of a regular thing on EGBG! I’m super excited and can’t wait to try out another new recipe, which will probably be this weekend!
7. I realized this a little late, but this past Tuesday, I hit 200 posts published!
8. I received a Kohl’s gift card for Christmas, so over the break I bought a Tek Gear Reversible Fleece Jacket. It’s super soft and with it being so cold outside, I’ve been wearing it all the time. It’s SO warm and cozy, and pretty much amazing!
9. Last night I participated in my first ever Twitter chat hosted by Lands’ End and co-hosted by Courtney @ Sweet Tooth Sweet Life - #GetActive. It was pretty intense since my feed was blowing up and I had a little trouble keeping up, but I had a blast! I even won some prizes - this duffel bag and this beach towel. So unexpected, but SO exciting!
10. Annnnd because I can’t think of anything else, I’m just going to say Happy Thursday!!!
Is it ridiculously cold in your area?
Have you ever participated in a Twitter chat?
Tell me something totally random.