You may be wondering, what the heck I’m talking about with that title, huh!? Well, a few weeks ago, I was nominated for the Liebster Award by Amanda @ Night Owl Kitchen and Penny @ Music of the Mind Body and Spirit! Thank you so much for the nomination ladies! I’m truly honored!
If you don’t already know, it’s a way to recognize other blogs and show them some love. However, seeing as I’ve been nominated for the Liebster Award before and I received 2 nominations this time around, I’m going to do things a little differently. I’m going to answer 5 questions each from both Amanda and Penny, then leave the “floor” open to all of you to answer any of the questions that you would like. Okay, here we go!
Questions from Amanda
1. What is the inspiration behind your blog? The original inspiration behind EGBG was to share my passion for all things health and fitness related; however, over this past year it’s evolved into something more than that. It’s now a place to not only share those passions, but it’s also become a lifestyle blog where I love to share glimpses into my personal life along with inspiration, motivation and whatever else I feel like writing about. Anything goes at this point!
2. What can you absolutely not live without? Well, I would have to say my EOS lip balm! My lips are forever chapped, so I use this stuff constantly. I have one in my purse, on my nightstand, in the kitchen and at work. Yeah…I’m obsessed! ;-) Oh and below are my three favorite flavors!
3. Where would you love to travel to and stay for a month? Absolutely, most definitely, Italy! My family is from Italy (although, I wasn’t born there, my mom was). I’ve only had the chance to visit there one time, but we still have quite a few family members there and I would LOVE to go back one of these days.
4. If money were no object, what kind of good would you do for others? I would definitely do something that helps children who, specifically, are homeless or have been victimized in some way or another.
5. Any advice for new bloggers? BE real – BE relatable - BE yourself! This makes all the difference in the world in having a successful blog.
Questions from Penny
1. What is your most favorite movie and why? I’ve definitely mentioned this movie a few times before, but it’s The Darjeeling Limited. Firstly, I love Wes Anderson’s movies in general, but this one in particular is so well acted and well written. I love the subtle humor and the witty dialogue. It’s just all around a great movie!
2. What do you hope to achieve within the next year? First and foremost, I want to achieve a healthy (and uneventful) pregnancy and once the babies have arrived, I hope to become a successful parent and eventually establish a schedule for us and the babies.
3. What is one healthy food you absolutely can not live without? That would have to be QUINOA! It’s such a versatile food – you can eat it hot, you can eat it cold, you can eat it as a savory dish, you can eat it as a sweet dish – the list goes on and on. In fact, check out these recipes for Red Pepper and Black Bean Quinoa Salad and Winter Vegetable Quinoa (I’d totally still make this in the summer, so long as I could find butternut squash).
4. What is your strongest desire in this life? I have a few and they’re all very simple – to be healthy, to be happy, to enjoy life, to love my family, to live simply and appreciate the little things.
5. You are on a stranded island and can only take three things. What are they? Hmmm…well, I’m going to try and think of some useful things that I’ll need as opposed to my EOS lip balm, flat iron and moisturizer. ;-) Okay, lets be serious now…I’ll take a knife, some rope and matches. Now that sounds more practical, doesn’t it!?!
Alright friends, now it’s your turn – pick as many questions as you’d like and answer them!