Well, it’s Friday and it’s my birthday!!! Yup, I’m 30 years old today!
Whoa! Can I just say, these 30 years have flown by! Well, contrary to my Age Crisis post from a month ago, I’m definitely feeling better about my new age and I’ve decided to embrace it!!! So, since I hit this milestone birthday, I thought it’d be fun to put together a list of life lessons I’ve learned over these 30 years. Here’s what I came up with…
30 Life Lessons (in no particular order)
- Don’t be afraid of failure.
- Embrace change.
- Always do your best.
- Be a leader, not a follower.
- Always be respectful of others.
- Always be yourself.
- Trust your gut — 95% of the time it’s right.
- Be happy.
- Family first.
- Life is good.
- Always be polite.
- Be appreciative of what you have.
- Love yourself (and I don’t mean this in a pretentious way).
- Don’t take your health for granted.
- Enjoy life — you only live once.
- The small things in life matter.
- Never give-up.
- Just breathe.
- Exercise is just as much for the mind as it is for the body.
- Good things will come to those who wait.
- Don’t sweat the small stuff.
- Patience (I’m still working on this one!).
- Think twice before you act.
- Keep calm.
Listen to positive people and ignore negative ones. Those that doubt, judge and disrespect you are not worthy of your time and attention.
- Don’t let other people’s problems and negativity weigh you down.
- Don’t make assumptions.
- Try not to take things personally (easier said than done sometimes).
- Be impeccable with your word.
- True friends don’t grow apart, even when they are apart.
We have a busy weekend and a busy week ahead of us. I’m only working half a day today because my parents’ are picking me up to go out to lunch and do some walking around this quaint little town with some great shops. Then, Justin and I are going to my favorite restaurant tonight to celebrate my b-day. Tomorrow we’re going to my parents’ house for a family dinner and then packing on Sunday because we’re off to Lake George, New York on Monday!!! And…my best friend Abi is coming to stay with us for the weekend! It’s going to be a whirlwind, but I’m SO excited!!!
What are some important life lessons that you’ve learned over the years?
Any fun plans scheduled for the weekend?