A couple of weeks ago I mentioned that we bought some pumpkins and I planned on making puree out of them. Well, I finally got around to doing it last weekend and I wanted to share with you a step by step tutorial of how I did it.
1. Wash the outside of the pumpkin really well to remove any dirt. I use a small amount of dish detergent and a scrub brush to get between the cracks, then dry the pumpkin off really well.
2. Break off the stem and pierce it with a fork several times. Place in the microwave for 5 minutes (it’ll be much easier to cut).
3. Cut the pumpkin in half (Justin helped me out with this part).
6. Bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 45 -60 minutes or until fork tender. Smaller pieces require shorter baking time, so check the flesh for tenderness after 45 minutes and every five minutes after that.
7. Remove from the oven and let cool. Scoop out the flesh and put in a blender to make puree (I like to use my Nutribullet for this job). I find that adding a little bit of water into the blender helps it to blend much more easily.
Do you think you’ll try making your own fresh pumpkin puree?
Do you like to roast pumpkins seeds?